quinta-feira, setembro 13, 2007

Last housedinner

Juntei 14 pessoas em volta da mesa. Quem acha que eu não sei contar, precisa saber que Margarita tirou a foto e que Alexis chegou depois.

I gathered 14 people arround the table. Those who think I cannot count anymore, must know that Margarita took the picture and that Alexis came after the picture was taken.
Tanguy, meu parceiro de escalada, trouxe uma torta de maçã quentinha. Muito bom ter amigos que sabem fazer mágica na cozinha!

Tanguy, my climbing partner, brought a warm apple cake. How nice to have friends who know how to make magic in the kitchen.
Jonas, que vem em outubro pro Brasil, está aprendendo português e tá todo empolgado. Fiz uma lasagna vegetariana em consideração a ele.

Jonas, who will come to Brasil in october, is learning Portuguese and is excited with this new trip. I made one vegetarian lasagna because of him.
Isabelle e Jeroen da stagekamer. Falta a Nan, que não pôde vir. Esses quatro holandeses (Jonas, Nan, Isabelle e Jeroen) são os país-baixenses mais da hora que eu conheci. Me diverti muito com eles dentro e fora da B. 00.74.
No fundo, Nola, que quase não veio quando anunciei que ia fazer lasagna, porque ela é alérgica a tomates, não curte queijo e está se acostumando à idéia de virar vegetariana. Pra ela, uma lasagna sem tomates, queijo e carne era inconcebível. Pra ela, inventei uma lasagna de frango e aspargos.

Isabelle and Jeroen from the stagekamer. Unfortunately, Nan could not come. These four dutch guys (Jonas, Nan, Isabelle and Jeroen) are the finest nederlanders I met here. I had a lot of fun with them in and outside the B.00.74.
In the back is Nola, who almost did not come when I announced I was cooking lasagna. She is allergic to tomatoes, doesn´t like cheese and is getting used to the idea of becoming vegetarian. She said that lasagna without tomatoes, cheese and meat is no lasagna. So I invented a chicken with aspargus lasagna specially for her.
Marcelo, o outro brasileiro além da minha pessoa em Nijmegen. Ele parte pro Rio um dia depois de mim. Ao lado dele está Sabrine, sua potencial namorada (sabe-se pouco a respeito do caso) e amiga da Helena. Os três trabalham par Aisec.

Marcelo, the other brazilian person apart from me in Nijmegen. He leaves for Rio one day after me. Next to him is Sabrine, his potential girlfriend (little is known about this affair) and Helenas friend. The three of them work for Aisec.
Boti, que vai comigo a Schiphol amanhã de madrugada, pra me dar uma mão com as malas. Helena sorridente, que me ajudou com os preparativos pro housedinner, como trazer a mesa de fora pra dentro, botar a mesa, arranjar cadeiras, essas coisas. Kaleem, que só come carne que for halal. É tipo kosher (o animal é morto com uma marretada na cabeça, acho) e além disso é proferida a palavra divina enquanto o animal é executado. Em respeito a ele, fui a um açougueiro iraniano que vende halal. Quem tava contando lasagnas, chegou na terceira: tradicional à bolonhesa e molho branco.

Boti, who will join me to Schihol tomorrow very early, to give me a hand with my luggage. Smiling Helena, who helped me to prepare the kitchen for housedinner: bringing one extra table inside, laying the table, finding sufficient chairs and so on. Kaleem, who only eats halal meat. This is almost like kosher (the animal is killed with one hammerstrike on the head, I guess) and furthermore Gods Word is spoken the moment the animal is executed. In respect to him, I went to an iranian butcher who sells halal. Those who were counting lasagnas have reached the third: traditional bolognesa with white sauce.
Margarita, a russa que termina toda oração (uma oração tem como núcleo um verbo, já uma sentença pode ser composta de mais de uma oração) com um 'yes?' porque sente que precisa sempre checar se o seu interlocutor está acompanhando a fala dela.

Margarita, the russian girl who ends every phrase (one phrase has a verb as a nucleus, while a sentence can be composed of more than one phrase) with 'yes?' because she feels she needs to check if her conversation partner is following her speech.
Annelies, que coordenou a lavagem de louça e ficou altamente surpresa com o fato de eu ter convidado tanta gente. Hehehe, se ela soubesse das tapiocadas, pizzadas, panquecadas, rabadas e outras comilanças que aconteceram na Oca...

Annelies, who coordinated the dishes after dinner and was very surpised that I invited so many people for my last housedinner. Hehehe, if she knew about the tapioca,- pizza,- pancake- evenings and other food-feasts we had at the Oca... Alexis, que chegou pra sobremesa. Eu nem contava com ele, porque ele disse que estaria em Paris, mas fiquei feliz por poder me despedir dele.

Alexis, who came for dessert. I was not counting on him, because he said he would be in Paris, but I am glad I could say good-bye.

2 comentários:

nolachocolat disse...

Hi Lou,

I love cheese! I just thought you wanted to make lasagna without cheese for Tanguy, without meat for Kaleem and then if you also removed the tomatoes for me it will become ....pasta ;-) (well I also thought if you remove the tomatoes in the lasagna it is not worth eating some ;-)
But I am happy we got a misunderstanding on that, because the chicken-asparagus lasagna were wonderful (just see how quick they disappeared ..I even could not take some a second time....tjonge jonge....luckily there were the brigadeiros and bejinhos to make me forget about this disappointment ;-)

I hope everything is fine for you at home. I'll miss you and your smiles and laugh..

bejinhos
Nola

Unknown disse...

Muito interessante o seu blog!!!
Fiquei curioso sobre esse romance do brasileiro com a holandesa, você diz que ele estava voltando pro Brasil...estou escrevendo um livro de pequenos contos, e coletando informações pras minhas estórias...você sabe como terminou, se é que terminou esse conto? (risos)Meu email: cristovao.russo@gmail.com